- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- MHMuriel H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoKRAZY For Kachumbari
Wow this dress is Absolutely Gorgeous!!!I Love the print, the colors and amazing feel of the fabric. I took it with me on a recent trip to Portugal and I also wear it to work. Zuri dresses are so versatile for everywhere and every mood!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- FCFiona C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased XSUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoMy new favorite dress
Absolutely beautiful! The colours are super vibrant and the fabric is quite thick but not too heavyweight. Love the generous size pockets!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- ANAngelina N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoI looove my Zuri dress
Thank you so much for my dress. Kachumbari and nyama choma are one of my favorite dishes. Rocking my dress made me feel good. As good as I feel when I am tucking into my favourite dish. Now I will have a constant reminder of that loveliness whenever I wear my dress. I absolutely looked and felt great in it. I wore it for a presentation and it certainly helpedcalm the nerves.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CAC Arlene D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoPerfect and Many Compliments
The dress fit perfectly. I love it. I run conferences and the dress went from day to evening festivities seamlessly. I had numerous compliments and told them to “shopzuri.com”.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MBMarissa B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 25 - 34Size Purchased 2XUsual Size 2XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoThe Perfect Dress!
Love this dress! The colors are vibrant and the pattern is so fun! One of the Zuri ladies let me know that Kachumbari is a type of salad and this dress is printed with its ingredients. So fun!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2