- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- SSheilaVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 4 stars1 month agoA Charming Dress that Grows on You!
I acquired the lovely Moonflower a couple of months ago, and when the weather cooled off enough to wear it, I tried it out. Unfortunately, it has the same odd fit in the left shoulder and sleeve that the other reviewer mentioned, so I knocked off a star. Since I live in Japan (as if you couldn't guess from the photos), returning was impossible, and the tags had already been cut off. What's a Zurista to do? Make Moonflower sleeveless! The shoulder issue still exists, but it's less noticeable, and I can hide it with my jeans jacket. Love the colors!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LHLauren H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased SUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 4 stars1 month agoBeautiful Pattern
I love, love, love this pattern and the colors! I bought Moonflower and it was labeled a small, but measured an XS. No big deal, I exchanged it but unfortunately one shoulder on the replacement dress was cut differently and puffed out at the back/restricted my range of motion on that side. I still think Zuri dresses are amazing and my other dresses have not had these issues. I dinged a star for 2 dresses in a row with fit issues in this pattern, but still wanted to place emphasis on my love for Zuri and fun colors and patterns like this, along with the wonderful customer service!FitRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2ZZuri1 month ago
Thank you so much for your review! We are so sorry that you ran into this issue with Moonflower! I've let our team know so we can be on the lookout for this issue for our future dresses. In the meantime, I just sent you a follow-up email. If there's anything else we can help with, please feel free to let us know!
- SSSusan S.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 months agoAlways good to go
This print combines blues, greens and pink in a delightful way. I never go wrong pulling this one on and always get compliments on it.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MEMargaret E G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 months agoMoonflower - another dress hit!
I love Moonflower even more in person. The brightness of the light blue colour really makes me happy!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- NWNicole W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased SUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoComfort & Style
I was looking for an office to casual/weekend dress. This fit the bill. It was comfortable, professional, and easily transitioned for the weekend. Trying to decide on another print now 😊FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2