- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- SRSheila R.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoA Feast for the Eyes
This dress came to me and asked me to remove her sleeves so she could be worn in the hot summer months. I obliged, and here are the photos. The benefit of sleeveless Zuri dresses is that you can wear shirts and other things underneath them, as I have done here. The shirt was inherited from my mother, who passed away this year. I would like to think that her spirit is with me as I rock the bolder Zuri prints in conservative Japan. I am now old enough to dress for myself, and no one else. If that describes you, then dive into this festive dress!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MFMinerva F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoFabulous and loud
Won’t be sneaking in anywhere with this popping
Beauty. Sorry I don’t own a full-size mirror. Oh Bentley gets tons of compliments on his Zuri collar🐶🐾 XL fits my 181 frame 5”7 perfectFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- PLP L W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 months agoLove it!
The large fits well, is neither tight nor loose on me after washing in cold and air drying. I generally wear a size US 16. It’s a bright red color with a lot of purple, some yellow and some creamy yellow. I might have preferred the red to be just a touch darker but that’s a small quibble. The fabric seems slightly lighter than Sunbird or Echo so better for the summer here in the Midwest.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- EGEmma G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 25 - 34Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 months agoSo cute!
Such a fun dress - the colors are vibrant but not obnoxious, and it’s a very flattering cutFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- STStewart T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoSuch a fun dress!
This is such a wonderful print and I got loads of compliments on it— I’m sure it will become a staple of my wardrobe.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2