This dress will be the pineapple of your eye--and your closet!
- 100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: sea-blue background with pink pineapples
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Louise is 5'5" and wears a M
- Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- LHLauren H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoSummer Beauty!
This is a chameleon of a base color- very blue and rich in some light and greenish-blue in others. I tried to include artificial and natural light so others can see how cool this is. The pineapples are vivid pink and glorious, and purple-pink in other lighting! The dress in long is just right for me at 5’8”, long inseam. Pockets, can wear as a skirt, it’s beautiful, what more could I ask in a gorgeous batik? Thanks Zuri!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- NNNgoc N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased XXSUsual Size XXSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoGreat color combination
The pink and navy color combination looks great. The fit is good and the XXS that I bought seems to be roomier than the latest prints’ XXS fit.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MJMelissa J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoPineapple goodness
I'd been eyeing this dress for a long time before finally purchasing and am so glad I did! The pink is vibrant and the pineapples are whimsical, grounded on a beautiful deep shade of blue. The texture is a standard batik and really nice for warmer weather, and the cut is comfortable (well-sized arms, arm holes, and back panel). Ananas is an extra pop of fun!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JWJoyce W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased SUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoBeautiful
Bought this one after seeing photos of it on other people. It is more beautiful in person. The colors are so rich. I am planning to turn this into a sleeveless.FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LSL S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoGreat pattern!
Makes me smile when I wear it :)FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2