- 100% cotton hand-stamped in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Blue, white
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL,
- Nina is 5'4 and wears an XS
- Louise is 5'5 and wears a M
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- CLChristina L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5' And UnderSize Purchased LUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoIt's hip to be square!
Square Inch is my first sleeveless Zuri and I am in love. It has become a work staple for me here in the Arizona summer.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JGJane G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoBeautiful batik
Batik designs are my favourite, and this one is perfect. I love the dark indigo colour, and the fact that no two squares of #squareinch are the same. This unique dress reminds me of times in West Africa. I had it shortened very slightly as I usually wear it over leggings or jeans.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LCLisa C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoTiny but mighty!
Soft, fluid and super easy to style.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SHSerena H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased MUsual Size MRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoNice color
Awesome and very comfyFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LPLillie P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoOne of my faves!
This is a versatile dress! The blue is between a royal blue and navy. It’s not as bright as pictured on the website. It looks great belted. I love the batik dresses and the sleeveless style.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2