- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- MHMuriel H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XLUsual Size 1XRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoBEAUTIFULLY FISHED!!!
This shirt is so much Fun to wear, lots of compliments!!I always feel sooo Good wearing Zuris!!!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CGcatherine G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased LUsual Size LRated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoLove it!
Love it! Love my Zuri’s - I always get compliments when I’m wearing them. 👏👏👏👏
Added a photo of my closet 🥰FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SNSara N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased MUsual Size MRated 5 out of 5 stars12 seconds agoFrom Afar Happy, From Up Close Hilarious
This shirt practically shouts JOY when I put it on. The fit is perfect as all Zuri shirts are. The fabric is a conversation starter: upside down fish are funny. My Zuri clothes spontaneously garner compliments from strangers. Belly Up is no exception.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- RARebecca A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased 2XUsual Size 2XRated 3 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoDisapointed
This was a gorgeous fabric and beautiful garment, but it did not fit at all in the shoulders. Pluses size, rest of the garment fit well but shoulders made it impossible for me to wear.
A lot of money for something I can't wear.FitRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- HHHelene H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoGorgeous
I love the fish design of this shirt, the cotton fabric is comfortable and the fit is true to size. Each time I wear it I receive compliments , it’s my favorite do-to for the weekends.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2