- 100% cotton batik hand-dyed in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design and colors on each shirt will vary.
- Colors: Purple and white
- Short sleeves with button fastening
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- TYTheresa Y.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased XSUsual Size MRated 5 stars1 week agoA Healthy Choice!
Wore this XS “carrots” to a lunch meetup with friends. Love the vibrant colours and cute prints and the perfect reminder to eat healthy 🤩. Happy New Year to all!FitRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- IPIngrid P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size LRated 5 stars2 weeks agoFun Shirt
What a fun color and pattern! My Christmas present was the carrot top shirt and the A-mazing dress which I will wear for the gala evening spiffed up with sparkling shoes and a fancy silk scarf. Both batik materials are a bit lighter weight than my dresses which is good for my upcoming warm weather cruise. I like the short sleeves of the shirt and the small breast pocket which is perfect for the cruise card. I had to button up the carrot top to hide the polo shirt underneath, but I will wear it with the top buttons open or even completely open with a camisole underneath.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SSheilaVerified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54Size Purchased XSUsual Size MRated 5 stars2 weeks agoMerry Christmas to Me in this Terrific Top!
I had my eye on Carrot Top ever since it appeared. I gifted myself this deeply colored blouse for Christmas. As other reviews have mentioned, sizes run very large, so I got a XS (I take M Standard in most Zuri dresses). The fit is just like Celebrate, my other shirt in this new style. I simply love it!FitRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CLCarol Lou E.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased LUsual Size LRated 5 stars2 weeks agoCarrot Top
This is the second garment I have purchased and I love it best! It was my favorite colors and I loved the carefree swingy way that it fits. It makes me feel happy and puts a zip in my step. Plus I love that I have supported a woman’s group to succeed.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- EWElaine W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44Size Purchased MUsual Size XLRated 5 stars1 month agoWear your vegetables!
The short sleeved shirt is my new favorite from Zuri - definitely roomier fit than the original long sleeve shirt especially in the shoulders. I’m 5’3 and wear a 14/16 or XL in most clothes. With this shirt the M fits perfect.
Purple is usually never a color that I would choose but the shade is on the brighter side and the print is fun. Note that in some pics the print looks white but it’s more pink with the dye variations.
Super cute alone or worn with a blazer on top - my work uniform of choice!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2