All the Teals
- Textile design by artist Shadé Akanbi
- 100% washed cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Functional, hidden pockets
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Care: Machine wash cold with like colors
- Color notes: Golden-yellow, cream, black, & white flowers on a teal background
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Shadé Akanbi. Raised in the Bay Area, Shadé credits her Nigerian-American upbringing and extensive international travels as her main creative influences for designing. Now based in Brooklyn, Shadé is the Creative Director and Designer of Printed Pattern People and it's a true joy to be able to share her work with you!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- NJNadette J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 65+Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoTeal is one of my favorite colors.
Love it! Matches most of my closet. Alone or as a topper.
Photos of myself and 2 grandsons at the boat houses on Canandagua Lake, NYFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- SSSue S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 65+Size Purchased 2XUsual Size 2XLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars1 month agoI think the title was clever and appropriate for the dress.
The colors are wonderful and the printing of the fabric detailed, clear and beautiful - I am looking forward to wearing my dress to a Garden Club function this summer.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- ADAlexa D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'10"5'11"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars1 month agoLove love love
I was worried the pattern wouldn’t suit me but it’s wonderful and goes with black and white belt/vest, really happy. Love the cut and it’s so comfortable! Great to have two lengths.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- JFJu F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 months agoLife just got easier.
This is my 3rd Zuri. I am 74 and have rheumatoid arthritis. It changes your life in so many ways. Zuri let's me dress with ease, brings a joyful splash of color and design, and is ethically produced. A blessing. Am purging much of my closet of clothing I can no longer struggle into, especially pulling pants on, using buttons and zippers, etc. The cost is worth it. Thank you.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- KBKristyn B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoLovely!
Fell in love with the color on a tote. Beautiful in person. Chest a little tighter than I'm used to but still fits well overall. Love it!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?