This dress is magnetic!
100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Black/dark navy background with grey/white swipes
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Louise is 5'5" and wears an M
- Jaz is 5'5 and wears
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- WSWendie S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoA softer and complicated black
This is the dress you didn’t know you needed. Smart and subtle and a flattering soft black with rich greys. I give it 6 stars for the amazing print and 4 stars for difficulty finding one with a good fit. Thankful for Zuri’s amazing customer service who went to great lengths to find a suitable one!FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CTCarolyn T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5' And UnderSize Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoArtistic look
Love the hand-blocked batik brushwork design on this dress. I feel it expresses my love of art.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JSJessica S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Size Purchased SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoLove this dress/duster!
Such a beautiful design, I've mostly worn it as a duster and get compliments every time I do - feels comfortable with jeans but also dresses up so well. Love it!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- AZAmanda Z.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5' And UnderSize Purchased SUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoGreat color for all ages
I purchased this Zuri for myself while in NYC, and when I arrived home my 13 y.o. stole it. It's a pattern that appeals to all ages. It's stiff but lays nicely flat. Looks great as a dress or duster with jeans or black leggings. Normally I purchase XS, but lately the shoulders are tight in xs's (I have wide shoulders and am only 5'0"). The small fits myself and 13 y.o. perfect.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- AAlisonVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoEffortless style.
I probably wear this dress the most of all my Zuris. It is just so easy to wear and always looks good - with jeans, leggings, bare legs. I appreciate the neutral colors and artistic vibe.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2