- 100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Bright warm carnelian, with white shapes
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- MMMelissa M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5' And UnderAge Range 65+Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 months agoA real beauty !
Color is a beautiful burnt umber/ burnt sienna ( my favorite crayon ). Fabric is soft and flowy. This dress is about an inch or so longer than my others, very comfy in the upper arm/ shoulder . My first batik Zuri and undoubtedly not the last !FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- EElizabethI recommend this productRated 5 stars11 months agoBeautiful Color!
I have about 10 Zuri dresses and this is one of my new favorites! The color is more of a burnt orange color and goes very well with earthy tones. I wore mine for Thanksgiving (I admit the pattern and color were making me hungry for pumpkin pie!) with grey acid washed jeans and olive green boots. The block print pattern is nicely done and the fabric is soft and a bit airier than some of the kitenge fabrics (which I also love).
- SSarahI recommend this productRated 5 stars12 months agoGorgeous Rust-Colored Dress
I’m obsessed with Zuri dresses, especially batiks, and this dress was a hit for me. It’s more of a muted burnt orange, a rust-like color, as opposed to the brighter color featured in the pictures. It’s a much warmer color than it appears online. It’s a great color for fall and perfect for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday 😊 Plus!! The crowns are very Basquiat-like!