- 100% cotton batik hand-dyed in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design and colors on each shirt will vary.
- Colors: Purple and white
- Short sleeves with button fastening
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- EWElaine W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44Size Purchased MUsual Size XLRated 5 stars2 weeks agoWear your vegetables!
The short sleeved shirt is my new favorite from Zuri - definitely roomier fit than the original long sleeve shirt especially in the shoulders. I’m 5’3 and wear a 14/16 or XL in most clothes. With this shirt the M fits perfect.
Purple is usually never a color that I would choose but the shade is on the brighter side and the print is fun. Note that in some pics the print looks white but it’s more pink with the dye variations.
Super cute alone or worn with a blazer on top - my work uniform of choice!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- EElaineVerified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44Size Purchased MUsual Size XLRated 5 stars3 weeks agoNew addiction
Love the short sleeve shirt so much - purchased “Jaws” and loved the fit and the chest pocket. Then I immediately ordered the “Carrot Top” once it was released online. I can already see myself building a collection of prints in this style. I’m 5’3, curvy, and usually wear a size 14 or XL, but in Zuri clothes I am a Medium - fits best in the shoulders/accommodates my chunky upper arms and not too billowy at the bottom (the only style I haven’t been able to wear from this line is the tunic top since it’s more of a straight fit - doesn’t flare towards the hip).
Thank you for designing another winner - looking forward to what fabrics are released next!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MHMary H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size MRated 5 stars2 weeks agoMary Heller
I really like it a lot. It is great if you have heavy upper arms. I would like some sleeveless tops. Also I would love colorful dinner napkins. It would be a great way to dress up your table. Thanks
Oh. I felt that the shirt ran large a bitFitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- KMKory M.Verified BuyerI do not recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 3XUsual Size 2XRated 2 stars2 weeks agoCarrot Top Review
I’m sorry. But I don’t like the shirt. It is too big. The sleeves are strange. It’s like they were added on to a sleeveless shirt as an after thought.
May I return it for credit?
Sorry!!! KoryFitRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2ZZuri1 week ago
Hi Kory! Thanks so much for your review and we're so sorry to hear about Carrot Top! I've just sent you an email to get a return started. If there's anything else I can help with, please feel free to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Much love, Charlotte
- FAFaye Ann S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased XSUsual Size SRated 5 stars2 weeks agoCarrot Top
Beautiful color and design.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2