- 100% cotton kitenge sourced in East Africa
- Color notes: where to begin!
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We work with an incredible network of fabric vendors in Dar es Salaam and Nairobi to source textiles. Over the years and many hundreds of prints, we've learned a lot about how to select fabrics. We truly have these women to thank for sharing their knowledge and trust, and in doing so, creating such a mutually supportive experience. Learn more about our process and our vendors here!
- RBRouena B.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XLUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 months agoFabulous Dress
I love the multicolored dress. The dress was very comfortable and love the pockets I wore the dress to an Nigerian wedding and received many compliments. I would truly purchase more dress from the web site.FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CJChristine J.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars4 months agoInstant Color Therapy
You can’t help but feel cheerful in this print, and you’ll surely receive some compliments!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MHMuriel HenriquezI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars5 months agoFANTASTIC RAINBOW OF COLORS!
Oh how I Love,Love, Love this dress! The colors, fabric, fit and comfort is Amazing! I am a Zuri Collector and this is a MUST! It's Versatile for Spring ,Fall and Winter, just Wonderful!!!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- NWngarie W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars1 week agoZuri is awesome!
Beautifully made of the softest fabrics. I've had is while now and it has washed extremely . The turn around time from contact to delivery was very quick to New Zealand too. I virtually never buy items that are not locally or Me made but Zuri is the exception because I believe in their work. So much so that I have ordered a second dress.FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- EKefsa k.Verified BuyerI do not recommend this productHeight 5'9"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 2XUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 2 stars2 months agoFabric very stiff
I found it wasn't flowy enough, it was very stiff and hard and thick and generally uncomfortable...particularly the collar..FitRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2ZZuri1 month ago
Thanks so much for taking the time to review Chromatic! We're so sorry to hear about the stiffness! You may find that our dress gets a bit softer with wear, but in the meantime, you can definitely throw it in the dryer with a sheet of fabric softener for a cool tumble. In general, our dresses are all 100% cotton, apart from our line of solid linen-cotton blends (from fabric sourced in India). We have a few different collections (Classics, 100% Made in Kenya, Hand-Loomed in India, Hand-Printed in Ghana, and From Dakar with <3), and depending on which collection a dress is from, there will be some slight variance in the weave of the cotton and weight/sturdiness of the fabric. In general, the Classics are made of mid-weight cotton and tend to be a bit stiffer, and the other collections are lighter-weight cotton. If you're looking for a more lightweight fabric, our lightest weight would probably be the Handloomed in India dresses, but the batiks/sitibas (from Ghana and Senegal) are lightweight too. Hopefully, that helps, but if you have any other questions/concerns, please feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I'd be more than happy to help! Much love, Charlotte