- Textile design by artist Angela Muritu
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Colors: Blue, black, purple
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. This print was designed by visual artist, Angela Muritu, based in Nairobi, Kenya. Angela specializes in the fields of print design, painting, printmaking, graphic design, stained glass, sculpture, and 3D design.
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- JHJeanine H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 65+Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars6 days agoLove it!
This is a wonderful dress! It packs well, washes easily and also easy to iron. That says a lot since I hate ironing! And I love the deep pockets!
I know that I will get a lot of wear out of this and I'm looking to treat myself to another very soon.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- BHBrittany H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 25 - 34Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 week agoColour-changing Beauty
I love this dress! I joke that it is like a mood ring, as the colours look different in various lighting. In cool light, the blue accents make the purple look more blue, and in warm light, the dark green and the red tones of the purple are more obvious. The upper arms of this dress were a bit tighter than other dresses I have of the same size, but it is still a favorite in my books.FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?ZZuri1 week ago
Hi Brittany! Thank you so much for your review! We're sorry to hear about the sleeves and we'd love to get a little more detail from you. I've just sent you an email from email@example.com. Thank you!
- AAnnetteVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars2 weeks agoNice!
My Monday dress.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- LALinda A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 65+Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 months agoDaybreak
I added this recent addition to my collection. I loved the print and wanted something with purple/lilac in it. I noticed extra room in the sleeve, which was perfect.
Very happy with my purchase!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- LLauraI recommend this productRated 5 stars5 months agoThis dress crept up on me
This dress didn't jump out at me at first compared to some of the other patterns but I'm glad I bought it. The colours are so rich and the little pop of blue really makes the pattern sing. Even my two year old son compliments me when I wear it -- he says it looks like "nighttime". This is my second Zuri dress after receiving the first one as a gift, and I've just ordered a third dress in one of the batiks!Was this helpful?