- 100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Shades of black, pink and white
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Model Note: Louise is 5'5 and wears a M, Nina is 5'7 and wears an XS, and Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- MHMuriel H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoFANTASTIC FUN!
This dress is so Beautiful and Artsy, I Love the feel of the fabric and the fit. Such a carefree fun dress to wear anywhere. Thank You Zuri.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MGMary G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 3XUsual Size 3XLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars3 months agoAnother one for bird lovers!
I absolutely adore this charming, whimsical print of what appear to be African ostriches. Zuri batiks are always excellent quality, and this one does not disappoint! It's midweight cotton that holds its shape without being stiff. The first time I wore it, I received two compliments immediately!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MWMiranda W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased 2XUsual Size 2XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 weeks agoFantastic Dress
Beautiful dress - wonderful to wear.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MJMajda J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars2 months agoLove this dress!
My first long version of a Zuri dress, and I love it…I think it will be good for winter—or at least for Fall- -to have the longer length.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JJohannahVerified ReviewerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased XLUsual Size 2XLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars3 months agoOne of my favs
I really like emusing. The fit is fantastic as usual. I get a lot of compliments on this print. A lot of people think they are ostriches, but from the name of the print I think they're emus, and it's always a fun conversation to have! This is a nice balance of neutral colors but a bolder, more simple print. I really love it.FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2