- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- CWCheryl W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars6 months agoReview for Fiddlesticks Dress - Ye-as
I was so surprised that my dress came 2 days EARLY! I purchased the dress for a special event and got lots of compliments. The event was extremely successful as well.FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MHMuriel HenriquezVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars7 months agoFABULOUS & FUN
I Absolutely Love,Love,Love this print. The color combo is Gorgeous, the fabric is Lightweight and so comfortable. Wonderful to wear and very versatile! Thank You Zuri!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CRCARLA R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5' And UnderAge Range 65+Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars1 month agoBRIGHT AND PRETTY
Can't wait to wear this...it's lovely and the weight is perfect. The colors create a happy mosaic. If I could; my closet would overflow with these gorgeous garments!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- NGNadia G.I recommend this productRated 5 stars8 months agoBeautiful, Ethical, Wonderful
I have just ordered my third Zuri outfit (Fantasia, Boba and Summer Love) and I am thrilled. I have several African sourced dresses, but these are the most comfortable and versatile. I go to a lot of performances (outside now due to Covid) including opera, concerts and dance - the Zuri dresses can be worn in so many styles. Plus, the colors are just amazing. I highly recommend Zuri; you will love these dresses/tunics/light jackets... so many beautiful uses.