Shale We Dance?
- 100% hand-loomed cotton ikat fabric, handwoven in India
- Stitched in Kenya
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're really proud to be working with Sasha, India's oldest fair trade cooperative to source ethically grown linen and cotton and to work with their experienced weavers in West Bengal to make these textiles. Learn more about these fabrics here!
Woven by India's oldest certified fair-trade artisanal weaving cooperative in West Bengal, these textiles are a dream! Each fabric is a hand-loomed blend of cotton and linen. We chose this blend for two reasons: 1) to create subtle texture and movement within the weave; and (more practically) 2) so that your shirts and dresses will be super easy to wash and wear, as they'll be more wrinkle resistant, more durable, and drape a bit heavier when worn. (While the fabric was produced in India, the dresses were all proudly stitched in Kenya by our team.)
- MHMuriel H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!
Wow this is such a Beautiful, Flowing and Comfortable dress. I wore it today in the 92 degree NYC heat and I was Super comfortable and look Great at the same time. I Highly recommend this dress, it's a sure Winner and not to be missed! Thank you Zuri for keeping me cool!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- IVInja V.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars10 seconds agoPerfectly light and comfortable!
This dress was a last minute choice before leaving for Kenya and Tanzania. I chose it because it’s super lightweight, which I thought would be perfect for the climate. I also didn’t yet have any of the ikat dresses. This dress was so light and packable that I carried it in my daypack! When my luggage was lost in transit, Shale We Dance saved the day—it was the perfect dress to change into after 4 flights and a 2-day plane journey! Definitely something to dance about. ;)FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LPLinda P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 4 stars1 month agoFirst Dress Purchase
I love the look and the subtle pattern as I am 80 years young! Due to my body type,
it is tight through the shoulders and hard to get off, but I consulted with you and was
advised on how to deal with this as the next size up would be too big on me. I love your
products and hope to visit your store when I am next in New York.
Lindy PhillipsFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LTLouise T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 4 stars1 month agoPerfect summer house dress.
A little wide in the hips but hoping it will hang softer after washing a time or two.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- RPRebecca P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased MUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoAdorable
Great for a more formal look at work and still cute!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2