- 100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Indigo & pink
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Model Note: Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL, Louise is 5'4 and wears a M, Nina is 5'7 and wears an XS
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- TLtara l.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'10"5'11"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars1 week agogorgeous
The dress is beautiful. The blue and pink work so well together. Never fails to receive compliments .FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JCJennifer C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased SUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 weeks agoLove this dress!
I am so excited about this comfortable and unique dress that is doing something important for women around the world. I didn't take any photos of full-length, but I received so many compliments on the dress that I wore to a wedding that I thought I'd share.
Note: Feel free to crop out my beautiful daughters as they are not wearing a Zuri dress.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- FMFiona M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoDial me in as a fan!
I ordered this dress a little unsure if it’d suit me BUT I love it. Love the staccato like pattern & the unusual colors. Another hand printed Zuri hit.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- TTurkanaGirlVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased SUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoGreat teaching outfit!
This is not my first Zuri dress - I have the Obsidian version from a couple years ago, and a lovely one with a diagonal blue wax pattern from several years back. This one (Shortwave) was my present to myself this fall. I am a university prof (African archaeology), and I love to be able to feature Africa's amazing art and culture in my teaching-day outfits. I corresponded with the Zuri shop staff to make sure the Shortwave would come with a diagonally oriented pattern as that is most flattering for my body shape, and they were very helpful! The colors are beautiful - a little more muted than some of the other purples, perfect for autumn. For sizing I recommend going with whatever size you get for your shirts, considering primarily your shoulder width. I'm 5'7, #150 with short arms, narrow shoulders, short torso and longer legs. So while I might take a Medium in a regular dress, for Zuri dresses the Small fits me just right. Literally every time I wear one of these dresses I get at least 2 compliments that day from staff and students, and the dresses are so comfortable!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- BEBlair E.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased XLUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoLove this dress!
So comfy and hides my flaws (my tummy) while accentuating my assets (my legs). My husband loves it, & a friend calls it “sassy.” I love it so much that I’ve now ordered another in a different print! I am generally a 14 or 16P & ordered an XL. It fit beautifully through the shoulders & bust, but I did have to get it hemmed 3” for the dress to hit me at the knee.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2