- 100% cotton hand-stamped in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Blue, white
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- LBLaura B.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 week agoEasy Breezy
Square Inch is a lightweight, breezy dress that I loved wearing on a special trip to Granada, Spain this past summer. The weather was blisteringly hot, but Square Inch kept me cool and comfy. Easy to wash by hand and quick to air dry makes it perfect for traveling. (I purchased this dress from another Zurista -- and I was so happy to add it to my sleeveless Zuri collection!) In case it's helpful: I usually wear size Small in the Zuris with sleeves, but I wear XS in sleeveless dresses.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- MHMuriel H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 weeks agoAn Absolute Beauty
I took square inch away with me on my trip to Portugal and it was perfect. The fit, the softness of the fabric and the color and design all Wonderful! Thank you Zuri.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- NNNgoc N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased XXSUsual Size XXSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 weeks agoLove love love
This is one of my most favorite dresses! So simple, so chic, so easy to wear. Just note that the print may not be even (the front of my dress looks like it has some dots missing) which initially bothered me a little bit.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- GKGinia K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XLUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 months agoIt's great!
Love it! Nice material. Perfect fit!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- SRSheila RyanVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased MUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 months agoEvery Inch a Beauty!
I am wearing my Square Inch as I type and I just want to show a photo of me out and about in the anything but "Square" Inch, another batik made in Ghana that I treasure for its handmade softness as well as style.
Here in Japan, it has been customary to cover one's arms, even in the sticky summer, but I am happy to go shopping in my sleeveless Zuri. Think I'll get one more dress to survive the lingering heat. Thank you, Zuri!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?