- 100% cotton batik hand-dyed in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design and colors on each shirt will vary.
- Long sleeves with button fastening at bottom
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- MHMuriel H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XLUsual Size 1XRated 5 stars3 months agoTERRIFIC!!!
This is such a Great and Fun shirt, Light weight and comfortable. So versatile to wear. I Love the Batik Design.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JLJackie L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased XLUsual Size LRated 5 stars4 months agoFrom my first Zuri shirt til now, including ten mothers, they’re so great!
My first Zuri shirt is below when I am trying it on in the store. Love that and the one above and many others too!FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- DPDolores P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased 1XUsual Size SRated 5 stars7 months agoNow I have a Zuri swing coat
Purchased a 1X shirt to wear over my sleeveless dresses. Love the look. Shirt large enough to wear over sleeved Zuri dresses.FitRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CWCeleste W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Size Purchased MUsual Size SRated 5 stars7 months agoReview
As always...I love it!! This is the first shirt I ordered a size up from my usual to accommodate lifting my arms; the shirts sometimes feel tight at my shoulders. I'm a size 6 or 8 depending on the cut. Your size small is roomy everywhere except at the shoulder, so I went up a size. Still have a little pull when lifting my arms. But it's not a deal breaker...obviously😊.
Also added another picture my brother snapped - this is one of the altered tops.FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MSMary S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased LUsual Size LRated 5 stars14 seconds agoLove my Ten Mothers!
My first Zuri shirt did not disappoint. I'm hesitant to order on-line but I'm so happy with the fabric quality and cut of this shirt that I'll be back for more. I heard about Zuri from Melissa Murray on a podcast...I'm glad I followed her advice!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2