- 100% cotton kitenge sourced in East Africa
- Color notes: Black background with tan, white, aqua and purple
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We work with an incredible network of fabric vendors in Dar es Salaam and Nairobi to source textiles. Over the years and many hundreds of prints, we've learned a lot about how to select fabrics. We truly have these women to thank for sharing their knowledge and trust, and in doing so, creating such a mutually supportive experience. Learn more about our process and our vendors here!
- LULindasusan U.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased 2XUsual Size 2XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars5 days agoThis dress is SPECTACULAR
I couldn't be more delighted with my Wishful Thinking dress. As soon as I put it on for the first time, I thought, "This dress is SPECTACULAR." Comfortable, gorgeous, elegant, bold (not to mention having deep, useful pockets). I get compliments every time I wear it. I can't wait to add more Zuri dresses to my closet!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- SSheilaVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 week agoWhen Wishes Come True
I bought this dress with Eye Candy in size M last month in order to get free shipping to my home in Japan, but I had no idea how much I'd love it! The purple, teal, gold and white dandelions against the black backdrop are like a dream come true, and the comfort of this dress is unparalleled, as I found out on a long-haul flight. I live in a rather conservative country but this dress is one I can wear to the bank and not feel out of place, yet I can express my fashion sense in a subtle manner. I love Zuri for providing quality fashions that fit, flatter, look good and do good. I even made a video of myself in Wishful Thinking and posted it on Facebook! Thank you!!Was this helpful?
- AAnnaI recommend this productRated 5 stars3 months agoGoes perfectly from day to night
I was pleasantly surprised with how easily this dress transitioned from the work day to an evening event. Something to remember if you have to rush to a party.Was this helpful?
- KKatrinaI recommend this productRated 5 stars6 months agoLOVELY-- get it while it lasts!
You can throw this on and go anywhere, instantly ready for anything. Pops of color on a crisp black background. What's not to like? It just works... I wasn't sure it would this time, but it definitely does!Was this helpful?
- KDKara D.I recommend this productRated 5 stars8 months agoBeautiful Backdrop
The black is the perfect backdrop to the plum, turquoise, and cream colors. The print is distinct - meaning that the edges are no blurred into the fabric. I haven't worn it yet, but I've already picked out different shoes for each occasion because I am definitely wearing this to brunch in two days. This print is unique and stylish. This is my 15th Zuri dress. Guess you could say that I'm a fan.Was this helpful?