Health is Wealth
- Pelargoniums, used for intestinal problems, wounds and respiratory ailments
- Marula stones. Marula oil is high in antioxidants and used for the skin
- Centella asiantica, used to treat various disorders and minor wounds
- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Color notes: Pink, yellow, blue, black
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- BBugandraVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoSpectacular juxtaposition of colors
The colors of this fabric are breathtakingly gorgeous. Congratulations and thank you to the textile artist Lulu Kitotolu and to all at Zuri involved in its production. The cut of the dress is always perfect. I garden in Zuris, paint in Zuris, buy groceries in Zuris, and go to dinner at friends’
houses in Zuris. My Health is Wealth dress arrived a day ago and I loved it so much I had to enjoy painting it on a hare.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- EWElaine W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased LUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoPretty in Pink
So cute and cheerful. I really enjoy the prints designed by Lulu Kitololo for Zuri. This one pays homage to medicinal plants found in Africa. It may be psychological, but I do feel better when wearing this dress - instant mood booster.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SSusannaVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased SUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoBeautiful!
Love the vibrant colors!
Love the fit!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2