- 70% hand-loomed linen, 30% hand-loomed cotton handwoven in India
- Color notes: this is a rich persimmon color, most similar to the close-up fabric swatch
- Stitched in Kenya
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're really proud to be working with Sasha, India's oldest fair trade cooperative to source ethically grown linen and cotton and to work with their experienced weavers in West Bengal to make these textiles. Learn more about these fabrics here!
Woven by India's oldest certified fair-trade artisanal weaving cooperative in West Bengal, these textiles are a dream! Each fabric is a hand-loomed blend of cotton and linen. We chose this blend for two reasons: 1) to create subtle texture and movement within the weave; and (more practically) 2) so that your shirts and dresses will be super easy to wash and wear, as they'll be more wrinkle resistant, more durable, and drape a bit heavier when worn. (While the fabric was produced in India, the dresses were all proudly stitched in Kenya by our team.)
- DSDusica S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars9 seconds agoLady Marmelade
Nice dressFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- CBClaire B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoGorgeous colour
I managed to get one in my size when it was restocked , I’m so pleased I did . It’s a beautiful colour , and the linen is lovely and soft . Like other linen dresses here I need to size up for the perfect fit. The dress is great as a coat , a tunic and over trousers …. It’s perfect !FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- EErikaVerified BuyerI do not recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 2 stars3 months agoColor and fit are off
I really wanted to love this dress. The fabric is great because it’s so much softer right out the bag than the other dresses I’ve ordered. The dress has pockets. The sleeves are manageable. But the fit isn’t great. There’s a gap at one of the buttons across the chest but it’s too roomy elsewhere. And the color was muted, not the vibrant color pictured in the listing. So, it’s going back.FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- SSusanI recommend this productRated 5 stars6 months agoBeautiful color, fits great!
This has become my perfect work from home zoom dress. It is pretty, comfortable and fits great. And I love the pockets!Was this helpful?