Seeds of Change
- Textile design by artist Shadé Akanbi
- 100% washed cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Functional, hidden pockets
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Care: Machine wash cold with like colors
- Color notes: Teal, Orange, White on a Black Background
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Shadé Akanbi. Raised in the Bay Area, Shadé credits her Nigerian-American upbringing and extensive international travels as her main creative influences for designing. Now based in Brooklyn, Shadé is the Creative Director and Designer of Printed Pattern People and it's a true joy to be able to share her work with you!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- LHLinda H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Size Purchased MUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoMy favorite of 5!
I love this dress worn with black cotton leggings. This combo keeps me feeling crisp and comfortable from morning to night. I’ve napped in it with my grand baby and woke up feeling dressed and ready for whatever the rest of the day could bring. Thank you Zuri for creating this truly perfect clothing piece. I’ve been shopping and waiting for an everything dress like this for a long time.FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- YYYvonne Y.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoHappy Connection Energy
I spent my childhood roaming around the Redwoods in Humboldt County. This is where I believed I saw fawns, gnomes and other fantastical forest-dwelling beings skittering about from tree to tree, teasing me. I was so deeply happy in this place. When I wear Seeds of Change,
it brings this whimsically mythical feeling to my day. The pine cones and needles are delightful, conveying a lighthearted vibe that I appreciate.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- RRRuth R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoMy first Zuri.
My first Zuri. How beautiful is this dress. The colours are amazing and hangs lovely on me. II followed the measuring guide with one of my dresses and chose the right size I contacted Zuri to ask about visiting the shop and they were so helpful when I come from the uk. Great customer service. Also very impressed with their postage only took 6 days from USA to UK wasn’t too long before I purchased my second and now my thirdFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JRJessica R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased MUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoUnexpected favorite!
I held off on this dress for a while since I don't usually wear black. After seeing other lovely zuristas in this I decided to take the plunge, and I'm so glad I did! I love the way the teal and green accents pop and the twinkly effect of the white in there as well. Very impressed with the versatility and love the longer length.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- EWElaine W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased LUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoThis grew on me!
It took a while for me to fall in love with this print. On the rack it didn’t catch my eye. Only after seeing photos of others wearing it I finally tried it on and now it’s one of my faves especially over jeans.
Love the aqua/teal blue colors with the orange and black. From a distance the print color reads more green than blue. I’ll wear this one for New Year’s as its name is the perfect intro to 2023. Cheers!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2